Once all the proper partnership agreements and have been completed and accepted, you are ready to order a container of wheelchairs.
1. Determine which wheelchairs you need and how many.
Before you can order, use the following resources to answer these questions:
- Your application/recipient database
- Wheelchair Specifications
- Wheelchair Container Mix
- Container Breakdown
2. Submit an Order for Approval
Fill out the order form completely - all sections are required. Any missing information will cause delays in your shipment or a cancellation of your order.
IMPORTANT: Do not order wheelchairs unless you can accept a full container within the next three to six months.
Email your form to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Order is Approved
FWM will review your Order and you will be contacted with any questions. Once your order has been approved, you will be notified with the planned order date.
The wait time from when your order is approved by FWM and when it's submitted to the factory could be 1 - 6 months depending on how many orders we receive.
4. Order is placed with Factory.
- Once your order reaches the top of the queue, your container will be ordered and the wheelchairs will be manufactured.
- Wheelchair production takes 45 days.
5. Confirm all shipping documentation with FWM's Operations Specialist.
You will be contacted directly by Lorena Hernandez, FWMs Operations Specialist, via email to confirm all necessary documentation for the shipment before it can depart the factory.
IMPORTANT: It is important to pay close attention to your email during this time. Any delays responding to emails from CH Powell will result in shipment delays, cause delays in future shipments, or in extreme cases, cancellation of current or future orders.
6. Container Ships
- Once FWM receives all the necessary documents and confirmations, your wheelchair container will be shipped from our factory in China to the Port of Entry you selected.
- Shipping time varies depending on country, from 2 weeks to 3 months.
- Reminder: Free Wheelchair Mission pays for ocean freight.
7. Review Distribution Procedure
- Review the FWM Provision & Distribution Process and Distribution Requirements to make sure you and your team are prepared for your upcoming distribution.
- Important: If you are receiving wheelchairs for the first time, you must schedule a training before you can distribute the wheelchairs. Contact FWM’s Medical Programs Team to set up a training:
• Nicole VanderZouwen: email@example.com
• Crystal Jackson: firstname.lastname@example.org
Training can be in-person or remote (via Skype or other video conference software). See the Training section of the site for more details.
8. Container Arrives
- It is the sole responsibility of the Distribution Partner to:
- Clear the container through customs
- Make arrangements and pay for inland shipping to warehouse
- Pay for all storage and distribution costs
- Shipping and Cost Breakdown
- Per the Distribution Agreement, the Distribution Partner is expected to assemble and distribute the wheelchairs in accordance with Free Wheelchair Mission policies.