Distribution Partner Training
Free Wheelchair Mission (FWM) offers and requires each partner to complete our training program.
The training program will help you:
- Become familiar with the different wheelchair models
- Understand the distribution and provision process (before, during, and after)
- Understand who will be safe in a FWM wheelchair
- Assemble and adjust the wheelchairs
- Fit each wheelchair to the user's body
- Train the wheelchair user about mobility skills, transfers, exercise, and maintenance
- Fill out a successful Container Report
- Training is offered for all partners and is available via:
- Video conference
- Hybrid video conference and in-country workshop
- Full in-country certification workshop
The documents on this page are meant to be a supplement to any training you receive from FWM, and to be used regularly as you work in the field to provide mobility to your community. We expect our Distribution Partners to follow FWM's standards, which are outlined in your partnership agreement and are detailed on this website.
If you have any questions on any of these materials (or need them in a different language) or if you’d like to schedule training, please contact Nicole Vander Zouwen at firstname.lastname@example.org or Crystal Jackson at email@example.com.
Click to download the following:
- The Wheelchair Workbook contains the 5 forms necessary to fill out for each wheelchair user including the 1) Wheelchair Applicant Form 2) Wheelchair Fit Form 3) Safe and Ready Checklist 4) Fit Confirmation Form 5) User Training Checklist. You can download the wheelchair workbook in the following languages:
- User Manuals: The GEN_1, GEN_2, and GEN_3 user manuals are for the clients to learn how to use their wheelchair safely. Topics include pressure sore education, using the wheelchair, pressure relief exercises, maintenance, and fall recovery.
- Wheelchair Specification Guide: This document provides details about all wheelchair types.
- Watch our training videos on our YouTube page.