Wheelchair Program Overview
We are dedicated to providing our Distribution Partners with the highest level of support possible.
Wheelchair Program Requirements
- Distributor, including all sub-distributors, participate in an FWM training course.
- To receive a wheelchair, the wheelchair user must meet the following criteria:
• Is physically unable to walk
• Is unable to afford a wheelchair
• Does not already have a functional wheelchair
• Is believed by distributor to be physically and mentally capable of using and benefiting from a wheelchair
- Distributor uses the FWM workbook including the following forms to screen applicants, determine proper wheelchair provision, and to educate each recipient on how to use the wheelchair.
• Wheelchair Application
• Wheelchair Fit Form
• Safe and Ready Checklist
• Fit Confirmation Form
• User Training Checklist
Distributor may use their own version of one or more of the forms only with written approval from FWM.
- Distributor provides the FWM Wheelchair User Manual to all clients with the Distributor’s contact information included.
- Distributor upholds all FWM Wheelchair Provision Standards as outlined in the document Free Wheelchair Mission (FWM) Appropriate Wheelchair Provision Standards.
- Distributor completes and returns 1 completed Wheelchair Container Report for each container of wheelchairs received.