Vision trips can be one of the most powerful and impactful experiences of your life. Come alongside us to experience firsthand what disability in a developing country really looks like. Our trips are not intended for leisure or tourism; they are an opportunity to roll up your sleeves with Free Wheelchair Mission and our distribution partners to provide the transforming gift of mobility directly to recipients one wheelchair at a time.
You also have the opportunity and privilege to be recognized as a stakeholder in Free Wheelchair Mission. What is a stakeholder? A stakeholder is someone who has donated or raised at least $10,000 (approx. 128 wheelchairs) in the past year. What are the benefits of becoming a stakeholder? At FWM, stakeholders are essential to ensure a continuous supply of life-changing wheelchairs to those in need around the world. As a stakeholder, you will be given the opportunity to accompany FWM staff on Vision Trips and see how your donations actually make a difference in people's lives.
Vision Trip participants understand their role as servants and embrace the opportunity to provide service to those in dire need. It is an experience that will undoubtedly change perspectives on poverty, disability, humanity at large and even yourself. We encourage participants to open themselves to a journey of personal growth and service alongside FWM.
VISION TRIP TEAM MEMBER REQUIREMENTS
- Passionate and service-minded individuals who are willing to “roll up their sleeves"
- Must be 16 years of age or older
- Must have a valid passport, with an expiration date at least 6 months following your return to the U.S. (Visas are also required for some countries.)
- Must give or raise a minimum of 128 wheelchairs (approx. $10,000) within a year of the trip
- Willing to be a stakeholder
For more information about fundraising, please contact Chelsea Thompson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 949.273.8470 x219.