Team Transformation—Medical Professionals
Free Wheelchair Mission is looking for Occupational Therapists, Physical Therapists, or Nurses to help train and coach our partners through correct and safe wheelchair provision.
To continuously support and educate our distribution partners to improve wheelchair provision.
Assisting with curriculum review, wheelchair training remotely, ongoing coaching, and possible outreach trips for our distribution partners.
This typically includes helping an FWM staff member present information, facilitate conversation, and help lead interactive activities. The content includes, but is not limited to, wheelchair assembly, wheelchair fit, safety, disability, distribution processes, and wheelchair user training.
- Have a passion for the mission
- Comfortable working with groups and giving presentations
- Availability for a 6-hour total remote training over the course of 1-3 days
- Currently employed in the medical field (or have retired within two years of applying)
- Experience with assistive devices including wheelchairs, walkers, crutches, canes, etc.
- Attend a “Training the Trainer” course before helping with a remote training
- Be willing and able to deliver the training program as provided
- Fill out the Team Transformation Volunteer Inquiry
- Attend a meet-up with the Medical Programs Team
- Review training materials and curriculum