Have you heard what’s been happening at Free Wheelchair Mission? Highlights from July include:
- The 14th annual Miracle of Mobility gala raised nearly $1.5 million, lifting over 18,000 people off the ground.
- Two of our special guests, Gregory from Jamaica and Amilcar from El Salvador, were featured in the news when they visited supporters in Boise and Houston, respectively.
- In-home care provider, Right at Home, launched a system-wide initiative to raise funds for Free Wheelchair Mission.
- The St. Giles Rehabilitation Center in Zimbabwe received a container of wheelchairs donated by the Fresno Rotary Club.
- A total of 11,505 wheelchairs were received in Mexico, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Jamaica, Haiti, Dominican Republic, Peru, Argentina, Ukraine, Uganda, Kenya, Vietnam, and China.
I also had a chance to visit South Dakota with our test lab engineer, Bonnie, to work on our test track with Rapid City-based RPM & Associates.
We were moved by the hard work that RPM has invested into this project, reflecting the heart that they have for this mission. They understand the importance of the test track, which will help us make improvements to our wheelchairs for the benefit of those who use them.
Giving the gift of mobility takes the united effort of a multitude of people, working together around the world with one heart. Thank you for your part in this.